News + announcements
The main source of news and updates is our news/blog page.
TidalCycles q&a, forum and chat
For live discussion and chat, and probably the quickest route to a solution, there’s an active
#tidal chatroom (and also e.g. a
#tidal-innards channel for those interested in meddling with tidal’s internals and
#tidal-doc for things interested in helping document tidal) on https://talk.lurk.org/. You can also chat with people using other live coding environments there on the other channels.
For in-depth discussion and support around TidalCycles, the official forum is on we.lurk.org, which is accessible both as a kind of web forum and over email.
There is also the Ask TidalCycles q&a website. Due to persistent spam, it is now readonly, but there is still useful information there.
Social network things
Intended for announcements rather than support.
Contributing to TidalCycles
TidalCycles is a free/open source project. See the credits page to see some of the people who you have to thank it. The source for Tidal, SuperDirt, Dirt and documentation is accessible at github.com/tidalcycles.
Ways of contributing:
- Ask questions and share ideas on the forums, many great features started out as surprising questions from people new to Tidal..
- Help improve the documentation, including helping translating it to languages other than English, making tutorial/demo videos, writing FAQs and guides for the website etc
- Contribute money to costs + development, currently there’s Alex’s liberapay thingie
- Report problems/bugs, e.g. via the issue tracker
- Contribute to development. See the HACKING file for pointers towards this. We’d like to make it easier for people to contribute so please shout if something is unclear
- Making music and spreading the word !
Algorave promote live coded dance music.
Some people who make/have made music with Tidal (sometimes amongst other things..), in alphabetical order. Please add a comment with link to your music to get yourself added!
- Anny (London, UK)
- Blaerg (New York, US)
- Alexandra Cardenas (Berlin, DE)
- CNDSD (Mexico City, MX)
- Cybernetic Orchestra lead by David Ogborn (Hamilton, CA)
- Heavy Lifting (Sheffield, UK)
- Kindohm (Minneapolis, US)
- Lil Data (Internet)
- Lysuc (Northern Argentina, AR)
- munshkr + x/q (Buenos Aires, AR)
- Nullish (Sheffield, UK)
- Polinski (Manchester, UK)
- Spednar (Pittsburgh, US)
- tristeTren (Mexico City, MX)
- Yaxu + also in Canute and Slub etc (Sheffield, UK)